More to the point, little morsels of gastronomic delight can teach us more than making our saliva glands go into overdrive.
Here’s the short form:
- Quality ingredients,
- High standards in all areas,
- Mastery of technique in everything,
- Pride in one’s profession, knowing how to work as a team member, knowing how to be a leader, knowing how to handle stress, and always being supportive of others whether they are your competitor or teammate,
- Either having the best tool for the job, or knowing how to compensate
- Paying attention to all the senses, in visual aesthetics, variety of textures, the impact of flavors upon the tongue and the nose, and perhaps the most important,
- Knowing how to savor all this work in small amounts.
How can all of this come about from one small tasty morsel?
Strangely enough, it does. It’s all a matter of looking deep into the eyes of your culinary delight, understanding everything that goes into it, closing your eyes, and…
… letting your palate do the rest.